- Your role as a Customer Experience Representative for James Cropper is to deliver a world class premium customer experience to global customers purchasing from the organisation.
- At the heart of James Cropper’s business strategy, you are a key asset in the provision of a professional, efficient front facing service to potential customers.
- For our existing customers, you will take proactive ownership of the service relationship and manage the customer’s journey from the initial point of enquiry on order placement, through to the customer receiving their delivery.
- You will efficiently identify customer needs, respond to customer queries, and collaborate with internal departments to optimise the service experienced by customers, whilst meeting and exceeding organisational performance requirements.
- Office based; you will work with the rest of the Customer Experience Department to provide a seamless service to customers creating strong connection & rapport to meet the customer needs.
- Being part of a wider Supply Chain function in the business, you will demonstrate our organisational ethics and behaviors underpinned by our values: Responsible, Forward Thinking and Caring.
- Take full ownership and accountability for developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers, both new and existing.
- Planning & executing regular service reviews with customers ensuring requirements are met, as well as identify areas for improvement.
- To be the first qualification of new inbound enquiries from existing customers.
- Take ownership and accountability of reservation utilisation management within production cut off timeframes.
- Co-ordination of lab-match process aligned to internal procedures and agreed timeframes.
- Create and maintain designated customer portfolio using internal systems and CRM, including record keeping of customer interactions such as enquiries, complaints, feedback, etc.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Create and develop reports for customers relevant to their needs; including preparation of performance dashboards for designated strategic customers.
Order and Process Management:
- End to end management of the order journey, from initial enquiry on order placement, through to despatch and delivery.
- Efficient collaboration with internal departments, including Marketing, Sales, Planning, Logistics, and Operations, to meet customer expectations and ensure timely order fulfilment.
Complaint Handling and Issue Resolution:
- End to end management of customer complaints ensuring accurate collation of information, management with internal stakeholders and feedback to the customer within set timeframes
- Management of customer stock holding agreements and finished goods to optimise capacities, fulfil order commitments and achieve sales budgets.
- Managing the samples process for existing customers – completing the sample request form and following up with the customer, documenting the process in CRM.
- To take responsibility for handling, managing and improving a designated topic of responsibility related to the function of the department including but not limited to: Complaints, Health & Safety, Samples, Stock Management, Lab matches.
- To identify and deliver areas of improvement in relation to the customer base to create practical and financial efficiencies in line with organisational continuous improvement initiatives. Actively working with the customer to suggest and drive these opportunities
- Play a full participatory role in peer observations and back to the floor (close the loop) to be aware of and advocate customer touch points
- Adherence to and achievement of individual and departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and short to long term objectives.
- Provide a proactive input into goal setting, annual planning processes, and team meetings in line with organisation goals and personal development.
- To take accountability for colleagues’ customer accounts in periods of absence to assist the overall department resource and ensure continuity of service.
- To fully participate in training/qualifications to set standards (customer service and supply chain)
What will make you successful?
- GCSE Grades 4 (C) or above in Math’s and English; or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced, customer facing environment, ideally within a manufacturing setting.
- Experience of working with/interacting directly with customers and relationship management.
- Experience of working with bespoke IT systems, including CRM systems.
- Effective communication skills with both external and internal customers showing professionalism, respect, integrity and honesty at all times.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build rapport authentically with internal and external customers.
- Strong organisation skills with an ability to manage a varied workload to achieve targets & deadlines, whilst maintaining a good level of productivity and attention to detail.
Why James Cropper PLC?
James Cropper is a specialist paper and advanced materials manufacturer in north-west England with a strong ambition to grow in its chosen markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly-growing listed company with more than 175 years of heritage that thrives on innovation.
A business of around £100m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK. We are renowned globally for colour expertise, dedicated responses to challenging custom projects and award-winning commitment to the highest standards of sustainability.