We have an exciting opportunity for an Energy Manager to join our business. The role holder will report into the Group Technology Director and guide the business strategy on Energy, promote best practice and navigate compliance.
The role will involve:
• Developing, coordinating and implementing energy improvement projects to dovetail into our long term energy strategy and decarbonisation
• Encouraging the use of renewable and sustainable energy resources within James Cropper plc and raising the profile of energy conservation
• Developing solutions for carbon management
• Creating policies and systems for buying energy and helping with contract negotiations
• Providing technical and practical advice and offering training on energy efficiency
• Developing promotional activities and materials to publicise particular schemes
• Keeping accurate records and regularly collecting energy monitoring data
• Carrying out site inspections and energy surveys
• Continuously improving energy generation and consumption
• Keeping up to date with legislation
• Maintaining appropriate ISO and BS standards
• Managing the other standards relating to energy and compliance – e.g. CHPQA, EUETS (or equivalent), Climate Change Levy, Capacity market etc.
• Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems as well as knowledge of the business energy use and energy regulations
• Qualified in Energy engineering
• Significant experience working in a regulated industry confirming with similar standards
• Experience in a lead Energy & Compliance role, and comfortable with responsibilities of a compliance role and legal consequences of non-compliance
• Energy audit experience
• Strong data interpretation and analytical skills
• Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills
Why James Cropper PLC?
James Cropper is a specialist paper and advanced materials manufacturer in north-west England with a strong ambition to grow in its chosen markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly-growing listed company with more than 175 years of heritage that thrives on innovation.
A business of around £100m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK. We are renowned globally for colour expertise, dedicated responses to challenging custom projects and award-winning commitment to the highest standards of sustainability.