TFP Hydrogen Products is an award-winning subsidiary of James Cropper PLC. Using our key capabilities in electrochemical materials, we support a diverse range of customers in technologies that include hydrogen generators, fuel cells, batteries, corrosion prevention, water treatment and medical devices. We are proud of our ISO 9001 (2015) certification. Our current team is made up of exceptional people with a range of backgrounds, who use their core knowledge to deliver for our stakeholders
This role will generate design concepts and prototype systems that will contribute to gains in efficiency, ergonomics, and process safety. Project work will involve continual scrutiny and development of our manufacturing processes, investigating technologies both current and new to solve challenging technical problems. A key area that will be the focus of the role will be further automating the handling and processing of our products. This may involve mechanical, electrical and/or electronic engineering skills.
This is a hands-on role for a creative engineer willing to design, build, commission and validate prototype equipment, and work with external partners to migrate porotypes into production-ready equipment.
- Working under the Lead Engineer, you will:
- Provide insights to develop new production techniques
- Prepare and present new project proposals
- Plan and execute engineering projects
- Deliver engineering concepts into commercially viable manufacturing processes
- Contribute to process safety reviews and risk assessments of new and existing processes and equipment
- Identify and liaise with key providers that can offer appropriate engineering services to understand our engineering requirements and deliver the right engineering solutions
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Graduate-level education in engineering
- 2-5 years industry experience
- Some experience in an applicable engineering product development role (mechanical/electrical/electronic) or equivalent
- Competent in use of design software
- Some working knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques
- Good communications skills and computer literate
Hours of work: 40 hours Monday to Friday
If you would be interested in working for James Cropper PLC then please send in a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or apply via our careers page on the company website www.jamescropper.com.
Closing date: 18 July 2022.
TFP Hydrogen is a part of the James Cropper Group PLC, a leading developer of materials for a wide range of innovative and dynamic sectors. We are a purpose-driven organisation with a vision to be a major player in facilitating the energy transition.
Based in Cornwall, UK, but with a global outlook, we work closely with our Group HQ in Kendal and our overseas colleagues in the USA.
Why Technical Fibre Products?
Technical Fibre Products (TFP) is a speciality wet-laid nonwoven manufacturer, producing a diverse range of high performance veils and mats for an array of challenging applications. TFP primarily operates within the Automotive and Aerospace markets whilst also providing cutting edge solutions in the Defence, Energy, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Construction and Healthcare markets. Our customers are leaders in their chosen fields.
Our core capability is working in partnership with customers to provide solutions for technically demanding challenges. Whilst the portfolio readily provides immediate solutions, many products are developed specifically to meet the unique needs of customers for both high and low volume requirements.