We need a highly motivated and organised individual to join and help us manage the process of production and fulfilment of the sampling service and develop the overall customer experience. You will tap into different business aspects with a focus on the development of our marketing collateral, both physical and digital, content creation and support event management.
Working in the Marketing team, you will own the process of fulfilling the marketing services programmes, including customer sample requests from product presentation and literature production through to the point of delivery. Support the delivery of exhibitions and the mill customer experience, and in addition, support internal communications and employee engagement activities.
Range of Responsibilities
We are a small team and this will be a hands on role. You will need to be adept at multi-tasking, detail focused and happy to own responsibility for seeing a task through to completion.
- Management and continual improvement of the sampling process including storage, presentation, handling enquiries, online ordering, delivery and tracking.
- Supporting the development and delivery of the prototyping service.
- Development of sales support materials including sales presenters, product data sheets and product brochures.
- Managing the production, storage and distribution of sales support materials.
- Managing core elements of the onsite customer experience, including mill tours, the samples studio, the customer collaboration room and other product showcase areas.
- Providing support in the development and delivery of exhibitions and events.
- Supporting the development and delivery of internal communications including administration of Workplace.
- Developing and managing the Marketing Services section of the CRM.
- Supporting the delivery of marketing activities.
You will report directly to the Marketing Communications and Sustainability Manager, and will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams, in particular Product Management. There is scope for the right person to develop the role and grow within the company.
It is a full-time role, working hours likely to be 8.30am-5.00pm, 5 days a week, based at the mill in Burneside.
Skills and experience:
- A good understanding of marketing principles and how to apply the marketing mix in development of the marketing strategy.
- Proven expertise in marketing communications, including development of communications plans, writing of briefs and management of suppliers and creative agencies.
- A strong commercial mind-set, with a good understanding of the main financial measurements.
- An ability to understand customer needs and offer distinctive and differentiated value propositions.
- An understanding of the market dynamics, including trends, channels, influencers and competitors.
- An aptitude for working with different technology platforms and online packages including Microsoft Documents, CRM and MAC skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- An experienced and confident presenter to internal and external audiences.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy.Strong copy writing skills.
- Highly organised, able to work with high volume and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Ability to perform in an environment with changing requirements and minimal guidance.
- Broad marketing and creative capabilities, in particular events and engagement marketing.
- Marketing experience within a similar organisation and a marketing or relevant qualification or equivalent
We need someone who is naturally organised, calm and unflappable, enthusiastic and willing to throw themselves into a project. You will need to be a natural communicator verbally and in writing and unafraid of data.
You’ll have plenty of initiative, be a quick learner and have ambition to develop your role.
Why James Cropper Paper?
James Cropper is a specialist paper manufacturer in north-west England. The company has developed a strong range of technical capabilities, making it a global player in high quality coloured and bookbinding papers, niche digital solutions, luxury packaging and offering unique bespoke materials. A business of around £75m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK.