Who are we?
We are a world-class advanced materials and paper products group, with an operational reach in over 50 countries. We support industries from packaging to digital imaging and aerospace with products that are at the cutting edge of performance.
We are going through an exciting time of people transformation and our Human Resources function is changing. We are reshaping our team structure and we are looking for a HR professional with the drive to be at the forefront of this change.
Why are we looking for you?
Reporting to the Group Head of HR, you will play a pivotal role in the implementation of our people strategy and our ambitious plans for business growth. Utilising your strong commercial and business acumen you will partner with the divisional directors, senior leaders and the broader people team to shape, develop and deliver effective people plans and solutions that align to our purpose and values. Acting as positive disruptor for change, you will use your business knowledge and professional experiences to support decision making and determine appropriate people interventions.
You’ll support the Head of People on shaping and delivering a leadership development strategy that inspires great leaders and builds high performing teams, as well as create internal communications to inform, connect and engage our colleagues, helping them understand the part they have to play in delivering business goals. You’ll develop a framework which enables us to listen to our colleagues and appropriately use the feedback to continuously improve.
Who are we looking for?
You will be able to add real value and make an impact, by developing commercially focused HR solutions, creating positive employee experiences and enhancing leadership capability that in turn support divisional and individual performance improvements.
What skills and experience do you need to bring with you?
- Significant experience gained in a HR Business Partnering role, ideally gained in a fast-paced blue-chip environment.
- Experience in working with leaders to define people priorities that align with the experience we want to create for our people.
- Strong project management and marketing skills
- You will have a strong depth of knowledge across the various specialist areas within HR and will be regarded as a trusted advisor by your senior colleagues on the leadership team
- Able to work with leaders to identify and develop their talent and ensure we create as many career defining experiences for all our people
- Experience of managing key people practices such as induction, workforce planning, reward and recognition, career progression, employee relations.
- Experience of leading, coaching, developing HR professionals and creating an engaged, high performing team.
- Able to demonstrate a background in contributing to change successfully.
- Excellent relationship builder, collaborative in approach, establishing both internal and external credibility.
- Experience of working in collaboration with Trade Unions
- CIPD qualified
What can we offer you?
Our business is built on 175 years of heritage, but we aren’t standing still. Our strong values of developing our people and our unique culture mean that you can develop here in ways that you never thought possible. We are a family-led PLC and we love working with people who can really buy into our culture and become part of our story.
Why James Cropper PLC?
James Cropper is a specialist paper and advanced materials manufacturer in north-west England with a strong ambition to grow in its chosen markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly-growing listed company with more than 175 years of heritage that thrives on innovation.
A business of around £100m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK. We are renowned globally for colour expertise, dedicated responses to challenging custom projects and award-winning commitment to the highest standards of sustainability.