We have a vacancy in the Papermaking Division for an exciting new role of Senior Project and Programme Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing capital projects and other significant engineering works or improvements on behalf of James Cropper, primarily within Paper Operations.
He or she will also co-ordinate all project activity, tools, processes and information, as well as managing key stakeholder interfaces. They will also manage individual project managers or leaders.
The role will involve:
- managing a portfolio of different engineering projects with regard to cost/budget, required timescale and fitness for purpose
- determining the engineering and financial viability of selected equipment and services provided for individual projects
- deciding how each individual project should be managed according to prevailing circumstances
- working closely with the Purchasing Team to negotiate commercial terms and conditions with suppliers and managing the relationship throughout the project life-cycle
- determining the risk associated with project suppliers and determining technical specifications for engineering projects
- determining and deciding acceptability of environmental impact of all engineering projects.
- ensuring that equipment supplied is designed to be safe in operation and complies with relevant legislation
In this senior role the job holder will require the ability to work effectively with a wide range of business functions and external stakeholders to deliver against strategically important key objectives.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent), and will report to the Paper Operations Director.
Why James Cropper Paper?
James Cropper is a specialist paper manufacturer in north-west England. The company has developed a strong range of technical capabilities, making it a global player in high quality coloured and bookbinding papers, niche digital solutions, luxury packaging and offering unique bespoke materials. A business of around £75m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK.