As a James Cropper Technical Graduate, you’ll be given structured development to become a Technical Expert and Future Leader within our business. As part of a 2 year programme you will be expected to master skills in Paper technology and 6 sigma green belt, with additional opportunity to grow leadership potential. It doesn’t stop there; as part of your day to day responsibilities you will provide an expert technical service to the business, working with the latest technology in paper products, mastering colour technologies, product development and improving process capabilities.
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problem
• Commitment to self-development & learning
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrit
• A willingness to learn and develop excellent business processes which may involve some travel
• You’ll need excellent communication skills to influence colleagues and business leaders
• Our ideal candidate will be proactive and able to demonstrate effective decision making, negotiation skills, the ability to develop successful working relationships & prioritise workload appropriately
• You’ll be used to working within teams on projects, across different areas of expertise, and taking the lead on seeing them through to conclusion
• You’ll be prepared to take on additional studies including leadership, quality auditing and lean manufacturing qualifications
• Strong academic performance is important, you must have a Bachelor’s degree, ideally science based at 2:1. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. Working hours – Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm, but this may vary dependant on the needs of the business.
Why James Cropper Paper?
James Cropper is a specialist paper manufacturer in north-west England. The company has developed a strong range of technical capabilities, making it a global player in high quality coloured and bookbinding papers, niche digital solutions, luxury packaging and offering unique bespoke materials. A business of around £75m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK.