We currently have an exciting temporary contract available for the role of Research & Development Programme Leader, who will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of strategic R+D projects within in the Paper Division.
• Manage the strategic Research and Development (R+D) programme for the Paper business with a specific focus on key areas such as new fibres and new colour technologies.
• Support Technology and Innovation (T+I) team with R+D initiatives and supervises the technical research activity of the T+I Graduate
• Work with the marketing specialists to develop technical innovations that support differentiated value propositions in line with customer and market needs.
• Engage with customers, suppliers and consultants to progress project initiatives
• Test materials and products to fully characterise their properties, attributes and performance against defined targets.
• Identify test equipment and methods to characterise materials and products relevant to the needs of R+D activities.
• Plan and oversee operational R+D trials and evaluate trial output
• Provide technical expertise to the business in areas of strategic importance.
• Develop external networks to increase knowledge of innovations and market trends.
• Support utilisation of identified technology into the Paper Business as a stakeholder in CAPEX project teams
• Interpret results, draw conclusions and communicate recommendations concerning research projects to all levels in the business
• Accountable for personal safety, following appropriate safe systems of work and contributing to safety improvement
This role reports to the Senior Technical Manager for Paper.
Applicants should be qualified in a science subject to degree level (or equivalent) and should have 3 years relevant experience.
Why James Cropper Paper?
James Cropper is a specialist paper manufacturer in north-west England. The company has developed a strong range of technical capabilities, making it a global player in high quality coloured and bookbinding papers, niche digital solutions, luxury packaging and offering unique bespoke materials. A business of around £75m, it has important market shares in the USA, China, the Far East, Europe and the UK.