TFP Inc. to Exhibit Innovative Nonwovens at SAMPE Long Beach
Technical Fibre Products (TFP) is exhibiting its broad range of advanced nonwoven materials on booth I37 at SAMPE Long Beach. These novel multifunctional materials provide solutions for a variety of challenging applications, ranging from aerospace to energy and construction.
TFP’s nonwovens are specially designed to increase composite functionality. A single material can simultaneously fulfil a number of different functions; for example, enabling a high quality resin rich surface finish whilst also imparting surface functionality such as EMI shielding, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, electrical conductivity and static dissipation. TFP’s materials also offer a wealth of other solutions for composites, these include:
• Preventing galvanic corrosion; TFP’s dielectric nonwovens act as an electrically isolating layer between dissimilar conductive materials to prevent the electrochemical reaction that causes galvanic corrosion.
• Improving interlaminar fracture toughness by acting as enhancing interleaves. TFP’s lightweight thermoplastic veils significantly improve mode-I and mode-II fracture toughness, by up to 160 % and 430 % respectively, whilst adding minimum weight to the final composite part.
• Acting as a resin flow medium to provide enhanced resin transportation in both inter-laminar and surface regions. Optiveil® & Optimat® remove the need to use additional flow media and ultimately lower resin usage and scrap.
• Providing a lightweight, effective carrier or support for adhesive films, ensuring a defined and consistent film thickness whilst improving handling and resilience.
• Delivering highly effective passive fire protection at the surface of a composite without compromising the integrity of the structure.
TFP specialises in developing or adapting materials to meet customer specific performance, processing and aesthetic requirements. This is enabled by extensive product development capabilities, ranging from proof of concept lab work to trials, full scale manufacture and converting via lamination and nanocoating. Talk to the team on booth I37 at SAMPE Long Beach to find out more about TFP’s capability and explore how our materials can help deliver a solution to your technical challenge.