Putting shared values into the frame
The greatest partnerships are built on shared values. Boasting a relationship of over 40 years, it’s their hunger for progress, focus on solutions and uncompromising approach to customer service which have unified Larson-Juhl and James Cropper since the beginning.
Larson-Juhl UK, (previously Arqadia), offers the most comprehensive range of picture frames, mountboard, glass and accessories in the market, and has worked with James Cropper from the day the business was founded.
Attracted to its artisanal approach and expertise in colour, Larson-Juhl challenged the papermaker to create a small range of mountboard in 20 colours. James Cropper had never made mountboard before.
Fast-forward 40+ years and that range has grown to include nearly 200 FSC certified mountboard colours and styles.
Today, sustainability is a topic that Larson-Juhl UK is incredibly passionate about, supported by the quality of service as much as the quality of product with a dedicated customer service centre and representatives available worldwide.
Larson-Juhl, a Berkshire Hathaway company, has a global footprint, selling James Cropper specialist mountboard and archival grade boards throughout North America, Europe, Australasia and Asia.
Today, Larson-Juhl UK focusses on quality of service as much as the quality of product with investment in next day delivery, a dedicated call centre and representatives available worldwide. The business also takes a progressive approach to operating in a mature market. Continually exploring new avenues for growth, it is now forming partnerships within the interior design market.
Larson-Juhl UK has a proud history as an industry influencer. Just 20 years ago, there were no real market standards. Larson-Juhl representatives contributed to the meeting where those first standards were set, and have been actively involved in aligning global markets ever since. James Cropper sits alongside Larson-Juhl on the technical standards committee at the Fine Art Trade Guild (FATG).
Colour without compromise
"The technicians at James Cropper’s colour lab expertly matched and produced the mountboard with no question. There is no other mill in the country that offers this level of service.”Pauline Hutchinson, Marketing Manager - Larson-Juhl UK
- As a company Larson-Juhl believe in sustainable wood. They have the largest selection of FSC/ PEFC certified mouldings for their customers and will be increasing this wing in the coming years.
- They currently stock 360 mouldings that are FSC or PEFC approved, all of which are made using timber that has been lumbered in compliance with sustainable forestry policies and are also fully recyclable. These include Andover, Chaise Longue, Driftwood and many more!
- Larson-Juhl has full chain of custody ensuring that timber is tracked through every step of the supply chain from forest to shelf. This provides third party certification that products originate from certified forests with with an unbroken path to the customer.
Mountboard - UK made:
- Larson-Juhl work with us closely to produce their mountboard. 194 of them are FSC certified, we use 24% recycled fibre inputs giving a second life as paper products and packaging.
- Waster - The process draws in water from the river Kent which is recycled many times within the production process to reduce water usage. 91% of water abstracted is returned clean to the river downstream of the mill.
James Cropper and Larson-Juhl UK have created a partnership with significant commercial benefits on each side.
By continuing to put shared values in the frame, they can look forward to working together for another 40 years.